Felix achieves L3 EMV certification with 100% Cloud-based payments acceptance solution
TSYS is a leading global provider of seamless, secure and innovative solutions to payment card issuers, financial institutions and retail companies, with operations in approximately 80 countries worldwide.
Felix is a leading technology solutions provider with a specific focus on the payments industry. Our key differentiator is a 100% cloud-based payments acceptance platform, which creates new possibilities for all payments participants to process transactions in a more convenient, flexible and secure manner.
To further validate Felix’s Cloud payments acceptance solutions, following Felix L3 certification with TSYS, we are deploying Felix.Terminal, a Tap to Phone solution, that enables SME merchants to take payments directly from their NFC-enabled smartphone device. This offers a unique opportunity to deploy the first-generation 100% Cloud-powered Soft POS payment acceptance.
Cloud kernel L3 certified
The L3 certification is the final stage of the EMV certification, where a connection between the payments acceptance device and the acquiring bank systems are rigorously tested to ensure timely, safe and secure end-to-end payments acceptance.
Felix’s Tap to Phone solution presents significant benefits compared to traditional payment terminals, including but not limited to:
- 100% Cloud kernel – accept payments virtually anywhere on your NFC-enabled Android smartphone as long as you have access to the internet or a cellular connection;
- Dongle free tap to phone EMV – no external hardware is required to accept digital EMV payments;
- Full payment terminal functionality with tips – accept contactless EMV payments, keyed payments, and tips via tap to phone;
- Supports any NFC payment type – accept payments from EMV credit cards (Visa, Mastercard), as well as from mobile wallets (Google Pay, Apple Pay, Samsung Pay);
- Instant activation for on-demand scaling – instant merchant account activation and rapid payment acceptance enablement;
- Card brands certified – Felix.Terminal has officially partnered with Visa and Mastercard and holds the relevant L2 certifications from both payment networks.
Felix.Terminal is a purpose-built mobile payment acceptance solution that provides the same functionality and security as a traditional terminal with additional benefits of mobility, convenience, rapid scalability, and seamless brand integration.
Cloud-based payment acceptance
Leveraging an agnostic Cloud solution provides businesses of all sizes new and exciting use cases:
- Dongle-free mPOS – experience a hardware-free payment acceptance terminal in your own NFC-enabled android mobile device without additional cradles or stands;
- Kiosks and self-service stations – integrate Felix.Terminal into an existing device or platform;
- White-label solution – integrate your brand with Felix to personalize the experience to suit your business;
- Pay at the table – improve customer experience and accept contactless payments from your COTS (commercial off the shelf) mobile device;
- Eliminate hardware dependency – use your own phone to securely accept digital EMV payments.
There are many more potential use cases for Felix.Cloud as its ubiquitous infrastructure provides vast opportunities in the domain of digital payments acceptance.
Disruptive solution of the future today
The future of the global payments landscape is bright as more and more merchants and industry participants are upgrading legacy systems to more sophisticated digital payment platforms.
We are very proud to be at the forefront of such a revolutionary solution using a unique 100% Cloud-based kernel technology that is undoubtedly on its way to redefining the payment acceptance landscape.
If you would like to know more, please fill out the form below and we will get back to you ASAP.