Felix.Terminal is a Soft POS application developed by Felix Payment Systems Ltd (Felix) that is used by merchants for accepting card payments from their customers on consumer-grade android devices.
What type of data does Felix collect?
There are various pieces of information that Felix require from users of the Felix.Terminal software application. This information includes:
- Contact information – includes contact details for the merchant, such as name, email and phone number.
- Merchant account data – including any details associated with the merchant’s account with their acquirer, such as Merchant Identification Number and relevant security credentials.
- Transaction data – information relating to historical transaction records, such as authorization codes, amount authorized, tipping values, redacted card numbers, card type, payment methods used and other receipt related fields.
- Device data – including hardware model, operating system, unique device identifiers.
- Security logs – includes automated reporting of system security for threat detection and vulnerability management.
- System logs – recording and reporting of system messages
Note - we do not hold or expose any sensitive personal data of cardholders, such as exposed credit card information. Our transaction records hold masked card numbers, in which only the last 4 digits of the PAN are held in our records, protecting cardholders from fraud risks.
Where does Felix hold data?
Any information we collect is stored securely on our servers located in the United States. The laws of the United States, therefore, apply to this information.
What does Felix do with the data collected?
The information we hold is used for the following purposes:
- Processing or logging payment transactions
- Analyzing or displaying transaction history
- Management and detection of security issues
- Management of system performance and scalability
- To contact merchants for account management, system updates and customer support
- To carry out our obligations arising from any contracts or agreements entered into
- To detect, investigate and prevent activities that violate agreed policies or laws
- To comply with our legal obligations, including but not limited to complying with tax and financial reporting, card brand requirements
- To comply with other applicable criminal and civil law and regulatory requirements under federal, state, and international law
Who does Felix share data with?
We may share your information with relevant payment processing institution for specific purposes including but not limited to setting up your account, to process transactions, or to maintain a record of your transactions.
Under all circumstances, we may share your information with government or law enforcement authorities, if required to do so by law, court order, or government regulation, warrant or subpoena.
We never sell or rent personal information to third parties, and we do not knowingly collect or solicit personal information from anyone under the age of 13.
We respect your privacy, and we will only collect and process your personal information for legitimate business purposes.
How long does Felix retain data?
All information is kept for as long as it is necessary for the purpose for which it was collected. We will remove or destroy all information in accordance with applicable law.
How does Felix protect data?
We have taken commercially reasonable steps to protect your personal information. This includes, but is not limited to, the use of secure data storage, strong data encryption, and the use of multi-factor authentication.
We manage the protection of data consistent with applicable legal and regulatory requirements such as PCI and GDPR.
Passwords that are created or provided to customers/users for accessing the Felix platform and/or service must be kept confidential. Users should not share their passwords with anyone.
We will strive to prevent unauthorized access to your personal information, however, no data transmission over the Internet is guaranteed to be 100% secure.
You have the right to request access to, deletion of, or correction of any personal information that we may have about you. However, please note that you may be asked to disclose further personal details so we can identify information that relates to you.
If you wish to make such a request or have any questions about our privacy compliance program, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org